easy apple crisp | with Cheerios

October 2, 2017



Happy Fall friends!
I've been MIA for sometime, but I'm getting back into things and hoping to be one here more often!
Today I'm stopping in real quick to share my super simple Apple Crisp recipe using Cheerios in place of oatmeal! I used Multi-grain Cheerios because I was out of oatmeal but I thought about it and using any grain cereal you have on hand will do!



We went apple picking last weekend and we have so many apples that I had to make something and I found this recipe in my mom's stash. 
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

INGREDIENTS
  • 8 LARGE APPLES 

1/2 C GRANULATED SUGAR

1 TABLESPOON FLOUR

1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT

PINCH OF SALT

2 TSP GROUND CINNAMON (1 USED A LITTLE CLOSER TO 3)

1 C MULTI-GRAIN CHEERIOS (OR ANY GRAIN CEREAL)

1 C FLOUR

1 C BROWN SUGAR 

1/4 TSP BAKING SODA

1/4 TSP BAKING POWDER

1/2 CUP BUTTER, MELTED 

VANILLA ICE CREAM (OPTIONAL)


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Peel, core, and slice apples. 
Place in a baking dish.
Mix together ½ cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, 2 tsp cinnamon and vanilla in a small bowl.
 Sprinkle the mixture over the sliced apples and toss to combine.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix.
TOP OVER SLICED APPLES.
 Bake for 45 minutes.
SERVE WARM

Don't forget the vanilla ice cream and whipped cream!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/2 BUTTER, MELTED

    1/2 what please? tablespoon, cup, ounces what????

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!