Happy Sunday {No Fail Sugar Cookies}

May 18, 2014

Happy Sunday friends!
 
I thought I would pop in and share my go to sugar cookie recipe. It's the one
 
 I  used for all those communion cookies I made last weekend.
 
This "secret" recipe came from a cute little baking site call
 
Fancy Flours. They have all kinds of cute things for baking cookies
 
and confections. I have ordered a ton of cookie cutters from them and
 
with each order I received this no fail sugar cookie recipe.
 
I tweaked it a little bit to give it a bit more flavor, but the thing that
 
truly makes this recipe "no fail" is the technique used.
 
If you plan on baking surgar cookies anytime soon
 
this recipe is a must!
 
 
 
 

No Fail Sugar Cookies
 
 
Ingredients:
 
6 cups flour
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2. tsp lemon extract
1/2. tsp almond extract
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups butter (4 sticks softened - NOT melted)
2 large eggs
 
Directions:
 
Cream sugar and butter together until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Add eggs and extracts until well blended.
Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl.
Add dry ingredients to butter mixture slowly. Mix well.
 
Put a handful of the freshly made cookie dough in between two sheets of
parchment paper and roll to desired thickness (thicker is best!).
Once rolled place dough on cookie sheet and refrigerate for at least
20min to and hour. The dough will be chilled and ready to cut and bake
with no wait and no added flour. Repeat with scraps after cutting cookies.
 
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10min (if using a confection oven 11min).
Let cool completely before removing from baking sheet.
 
Decorate any way you like and enjoy!
 
 
 
This recipe is perfect for when using cookie cutters!
 
It doesn't spread! They hold their shape which is so important for a
 
crisp clean looking cookie! This recipe makes up to 8 dozen 3" cookies.
 
Don't need 8 dozen cookies?? No problem! Just cut the recipe in half
 
or freeze remaining dough for next time!!
 
Perfect right??
 
You can thank me later!
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!