What I Wore {putting it all together}

February 24, 2014

Happy Monday friends!!
 
Spring is in the air! I can just feel it. This past weekend was kind of a big
 
deal for me.... For the first time ever I ran 8.6 miles, (without stopping for 
 
more than a minute or two) and I did not give up!! It was super tough, but
 
pushing past my comfort zone was big for me.... I tend to look to much into
 
things that I may find difficult and I have a habit of doubting myself, but
 
this time I just pushed past the doubt and I am so glad I did. It just sets the
 
stage for continued success!!
 
Another exciting event was the Christening of my fifth niece Leah Faith
 
which brings me to today's post....
 
I never have really been a "fashonista" of any sort although I do LOVE to
 
shop (for anything really... I could spend thousands in CVS alone!) and I
 
seem to have obtained a huge collection of high heels over the years... I just
 
have never really had to "worry" about what to wear and getting dressed up
 
on a daily basis.... I attended catholic school from elementary
 
school through college and worked in
 
childcare and the fitness industries since I graduated college, so I never
 
really "needed" to get all dolled up for work five days out a week. I
 
always had some sort if uniform or just wore what ever I found most
 
comfortable, like jeans and a cozy sweater or sweatshirt. That being said,
 
I sometimes had a hard time picking out "outfits" when I go shopping. I am
 
more of "fly by the seat of my pants" type of shopper. When I see 
 
something I love I buy it, even though I may not have anything in my 
 
closet that will go with it... So getting back to the Christening... I had to
 
find something smart & casual to wear. Something that was appropriate for
 
church, but nothing too dressy for the non formal lunch after the service.
 
So I started to browse through my Pinterest board and came across these:
 
     

                                                                source

                                                                  source

source unknown
 
Cute right? So now I just found similarities in all three photos and thought
 
about what I know I had in my closet to make it work. The white top and
 
jeans were easy as was the statement necklace, and I just so happen to
 
have purchased a pair of  leopard shoes even though I wasn't really 
 
sure when or how I was going to wear them, but I am so glad I picked them
 
up!! So here is what my outfit looked like.
 
 

 
 Please forgive me, I was behind
 
the camera all day taking photos so I wasn't able to get a picture of
 
me in the actual outfit, however, I did take a quick selfie!
 
 

 
 Corny I know,  but I
 
really wanted to get a shot of the statement necklace, its one of my
 
favorites! Here are the sources for my outfit!!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your week!!
 
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!