August 8, 2013

JJ's First Vacation {DIY Vacation Keepsakes}

Hi all! We have been home from our vacation to The Cape for almost three days now and still I have suitcases to be unpacked, piles of laundry to be done and a car to clean! But being the impatient and "all over the place" person I am I took some time to put together JJ's first vacation keepsake. Now really, I'm not a big fan of those "cheesy" nick knacks you see in all those souvenir shops, but I do LOVE cozy sweatshirts, Christmas ornaments and a good book or puzzle. That brings me to a super inexpensive and easy way to make a keepsake that has meaning and will not just sit on the shelf and collect dust! YEAH!! This was our son JJ's very first vacation and I wanted to get something that he could look back on and really appreciate. So, I found a really cute (inexpensive) children's book and wrote a little note, the date and a little paragraph about the most exciting part of the trip, which unfortunately was JJ falling down the stairs that resulted in a trip to the ER in an ambulance..... NOT a proud moment as a parent for sure, but accidents happen and although not the most fun we had, it happened and it was a first none the less.... 
I also picked up two cute Christmas ornaments and wrote the date on each
with a sharpie! On JJ's I wrote "JJ's first vacation"






Cute right??
What is your favorite vacation souvenir?


Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace