March 20, 2014

The "Mini" Home Tour {enter here}

I'm back!!
 
Two posts in one day!! I'm so excited to show you this before and after
 
that I just could not wait until tomorrow!! I finally finished our other
 
hallway wall today. I am so pleased with this transformation. It took some
 
time for me to figure out what exactly I wanted on this particular wall.... It
 
is the very first wall you see when you walk into our home and I wanted it
 
to be special... I want people to feel welcome and at home when they see it.
 
I didn't want just "any" thing on this wall. It took thousands, ok hundreds of
 
pins on Pinterest for inspiration and I finally decided on the most perfect
 
layout for this wall. Here are two before pictures to give you an idea
 
of exactly what type of wall I was dealing with here.
 
BEFORE:
 

 
That electrical outlet was a real issue for me. Every single time I
 
would look at this wall it was all I would see and it bothered me to no end!
 
The first thing I had to do was change the paint color. The color in the first
 
photo is Wheat Bread by Behr. It's also the color in our dining room and
 
living room... The color is great in our living room, but I just do not love it
 
in our dining room and I hated it on this wall...
 
So, with inspiration from Bre at one of my favorite blogs, Rooms for Rent,
 
I decided to go with Horizon by Benjamin Moore. I love this soft blue, gray
 
color!! I can not wait to paint the dining room in this color!!
 
So.... now that I had the perfect paint color for this wall it was game time!
 
Here is what I decided on and I hope you love it as much as I do!!
 
AFTER:
 






 
What do you think???
 
I love the white frames with the colored photos! I was going to do the
 
photos in black and white, but I really wanted them to stand out... and not
 
to mention the pictures are just breath taking.....
 
Now it's not the electrical outlet my eyes are drawn to, its the brilliant
 
photos and the X & O letters!! I could not be happier with the end result!!
 
Ok, on a whole other note how about my "pink" cabinets??!!
 
That is my first summer project!! Those babies will be painted and I have
 
decided to tackle it myself! I vow they will be white by the end of the
 
summer if not sooner!!!
 
We have so many other things to get done, but here is just a glimpse of what
 
I need to accomplish before I can even think about getting started on the
 
cabinets!! I want all the little things completed first and here are just a few.
 
 
 
And this is just what needs to get accomplished in this little area!!
 
I still have the master bedroom to tackle too!!
 
I thought I would share some more photos of this area of our home....
 
It's the very first room when you enter and it's the most high traffic area.
 
I'm glad it's coming together, but as you can see from the photo above,
 
I still have much more to do!!
 








 
That's about it!! Hope you enjoyed this mini tour of our entry area...
 
I'll be back soon with more updates and photos!!
 
Stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!!
 
 
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace