One Room Challenge {Inspiration Board}

April 12, 2016

Hi friends!
I am so thrilled to be participating in the One Room Challenge hosted by Calling It Home!!
I will be making over our master bedroom, I started this process over two years ago and never got around to finishing it. Getting everything done in just five weeks is going to be a major challenge for me, especially because I will be taking on a lot of first's myself. For instance, wallpaper! I fear wallpaper and everything about it, but I'm going to take my hand at it. Hopefully it won't be a complete disaster! I also have two major furniture pieces I am making over. That alone is extremely time consuming. We are in the mist of ordering a new bed and mattress, along with new bedding, lamps, throw pillows, curtains and picture frames. Phew! That's a lot of items! I'm praying they all arrive on schedule in time for the final reveal!
Last week I shared some inspiration photos with you. If you missed that post you can find it here.
Today I'm going to share my own inspiration board with all the items I hope to add to the space.
They only "pricey" item that I will not be purchasing is the Restoration Hardware dresser. It's  a bit way over our budget, so I will be making over my Nonna's vintage dresser instead, using my Restoration Hardware "dream dresser" as my inspiration. Everything else I have budgeted for. I actually already have the night stands from Joss and MainI purchased them a couple of years ago and they are the perfect size and have held up really well. 
 Here is my inspiration for our cozy little space.


Our master (if you can even call it that) bedroom is very tiny, so I will be doing my best to make it feel cozy and not stuffy.
Here is a list of everything I need to accomplish in five short weeks:

 ~ Sand and stain dresser.

~Paint armoire.

~ Purchase new pulls for dresser.

~Order bed/linens/pillows/lamps/mirrors/mattress/curtains.

~Wallpaper accent wall.

~Build shelves for wall next to window.

~Create and add art work on accent wall.

Not too much to do right?? In order to keep on the time line I have to tackle a few things each week.
The dresser and wallpapering will be the most difficult and time consuming. Hopefully this weather will cooperate so I can get outside to sand and stain the dresser! 
I will check in next week with a progress photo!
Wish me luck!!

Be sure to follow me on Instagram to check out sneak peaks of progress!

Also be sure to head over to Calling It Home to see all the other guest participate entries!
So excited to see so many amazing one room makeovers!!

*You saw this post and inspiration board on Gracie Blue first, inspiration board is property of Gracie Blue and it's designer*


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!