JJ's Dresser {the reveal}

March 4, 2015

A while back I purchased a tall boy dresser for our son JJ's room I found on Craig's List . Due to my lack of refinishing skills and over all impatience, I totally forgot to take a before picture. The dresser pretty much looked like the photo below only the drawers where white too.... Well, at least that's what I thought. I figured all I really needed to do was sand it down a bit and re-stain. OMG. How wrong was I. This cute, what looked to be "white" dresser had at least three layers of white paint on top of two coats of some type of green paint and....wait for it.... wall paper. Yes, wallpaper. And not just one layer but several. So, needless to say I was not about to strip the entire dresser, it took me a week to strip all the paint and wall paper off five drawers never mind the rest of it!! This is what it looked like after all the paint and wall paper had been removed.
 

 
Not bad, but not what I had on mind. I painted the numbers on a whim and really didn't feel like sanding them down when I realized how large they were. So I just left them and decided to paint over the rest of the dresser in a darker color. So many color choices went through my head and then I realized I had some paint left over from when I painted our bedroom....
 


Can I just tell you how much I love this color?? Love , love, love!!! If I could had the courage to add this color all over my home I totally would!!
Next, it took me about a month (no lie) to choose the most perfect knobs. Knobs on furniture is like jewelry to me... It has to be perfect and it has to "pop"!! I am really pleased with how this dresser came together regardless of the fact that we purchased the dresser almost a year ago and it took me this long to complete!! Better late then never!!
 



 
Speaking of better late then never.... I will be posting the reveal of our master bedroom & Gracie's big girl room re-do soon so stay tuned!!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Spring for those who's regions have actually found it!!!


Linking up with:
 
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. What a great job! I love when a piece gets a brand new life and this redo is so fun!
    I would love for you to stop by my blog and join our Something to Talk About link party each week!
    Have a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen and thanks so much for your sweet words!! I would be happy to stop by and check out your link party!! Thank you again for stopping by!!
      ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. I love your blog!! So many ideas and fun projects.
    -Cynthia S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words Cynthia!! Please stop back again soon!

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!