August 20, 2014

Wednesday Wish List {Faux Fireplace}

Hi friends!!
 Happy Wednesday!!
  Today I'm sharing something really unique that has been on my wish list for a while....
There is something about a fireplace that I have always loved. I grew up with one in my childhood home and it always made cold nights feel cozy, as wells as adding a great deal of character to our home...and I love the idea of having a mantel to decorate and hang stockings up for the holidays...
I had always planned on having a fireplace in my own home, but sometimes you can't always get what you want!! Don't get me wrong, I love our home and when we purchased it almost seven years ago we had thought of putting in a wood burning stove, but sadly, we really don't have the space for it. I also looked into an electric fireplace, but I felt spending all that money for the look of a fireplace wasn't wise when in the end would cost us money to use. So I put it on the "no go" list and moved on.... Until now....
Honestly, my favorite part of having a fire place is the mantel and all I see all over Pinterest are faux fireplaces. Such an excellent solution to obtain the look of a fire place minus the heat part, which I'm ok with!! Here are some of my favorites!!

source

source

source unknown

source

source

source unknown

source

source

source
Now all I need to do is find out exactly how to go about building one of these and the most difficult part... talking my hubby into it!!
I found this picture and this is pretty much the size we need.
 
source
 
 The pine wall that I recently painted white would be the perfect little spot for a faux fireplace!!
What do you think faux or no??
 
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace