Rustic DIY Wedding Invite Display & Hallway Gallery Wall {Sources}

July 24, 2014

Hi friends!!
Not to long ago I shared our hallway gallery wall with you.
If you missed that post you can catch up here.
 
Since then many of you have emailed me asking where I purchased the frames and letters for the roman numerals so today I thought I would share the details and sources for you!!
 
Here is a photo of the completed gallery wall.
 

 
I still don't get tired of looking at this wall!!
Pretty much everything you see on this wall I already had on hand....
I have always had an obsession with picture frames and have collected them since I was in high school and as you can tell from all the framed photos all over our home, I love the idea of framing family photos, kids art work and often sentimental items, like the little note I wrote to myself that is framed in the upper right hand corner of this gallery wall....
I also have recently started collecting letters and typography of all kinds.... I love words and love them all over my home, especially those that carry meaning to our family....
One item on this wall that I frequently get asked questions about is the rustic frame right over the thermostat with our wedding invite.... Interestingly enough, that was actually a DIY that I never thought would get so much attention.... guess I read that one wrong!!
Here is a photo of the frame I found at Target (I purchased the distressed wood color) not to long ago....
 
 
 I loved the little key whole and although I didn't have a specific need for it at the time I knew that one day it would find a home.
When I was putting this gallery wall together I knew I wanted our wedding invite on it and I also knew I didn't just want to pop it in a frame.... I wanted it to be displayed with a subtle uniqueness.... Then I remembered I had this cute little frame from Target and I got right to work!!
 
All I did was paint over the frame with some Anne Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White , distressed it with sandpaper, gave it a nice coat of Anne Sloan clear wax and then carefully removed the glass and simply hot glued a mini clothes pin to the middle and Whaaalaaa!!
 

 
A unique rustic little frame to display our wedding invite!!
And the best thing about it is if some day I get tired of looking at it (most likely not!!) I can switch it out anytime and the frame stays on the wall!!
A super quick and easy photo display solution!!
Here are the sources for the other items featured in this gallery wall.
 
Roman Numeral Letters ~ Michaels
 
Life is beautiful frame ~ frame is from Michaels and I DIY'd the letters with my little stamp kit, also from Michaels
 
The Chalkboard I found on Etsy.
 
The "W" ~ Ballard Designs
 
The brown grain frame at the very bottom ~ My Sweet Savannah on Etsy
 
All other frames in this gallery wall were purchased randomly at
Home Goods!!
 
Hope that helps and inspires you to start you own gallery wall!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful collection for gallery wall, Lisa! That key hole is such a great detail, and your makeover turned out fantastic! Thanks for sharing at Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam!! So happy you stopped by and thanks so much for all your kind words!! Love the Best of the Nest feature! It's one of my favorites for sure!!

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!