Living Room Update {Driftwood Heart Decor}

June 16, 2014

Hi friends!! Today marks the last Monday of Kindergarten for my Gracie!! Still amazes me that she will be six in September.... Today also marks four years since my mom lost her battle with cancer.... Time may pass, but she is thought of every single day... 
 
 
 
If you haven't figured it out yet, I completely despise empty walls... It bothers me to no end when a wall in my home doesn't have something beautiful or meaningful on it.... There are still two walls in my dining room that remain empty because I still can't make up my mind about what to do with them and up until yesterday morning there were three in our living room.... You're going to think I'm absolutely out of my mind, but it truly gives me anxiety trying to figure out what to put on these walls!! I really do put way to much thought and research into my wall décor, but sometimes it's totally worth it.... For example, the once awkward wall that separates our kitchen and living room now has some meaning to it.... It only took me one year (yes I just wrote that) to figure it out...
 



Please excuse the mess and the pink cabinets!! Those babies will be painted white in the very near future!! More details on that soon!!
Ok, back to the driftwood heart!!
I came up with the idea at least six months ago, but had a very hard time finding the perfect heart.... I found several that were either way to expensive or way to large. Then I found the Etsy shop, Madera del Mar and knew from the moment I saw it that this heart was absolutely perfect and my wait was over!! It's the perfect size, not overwhelming, yet understated. And it goes perfectly with my white distressed letters from Ballard Designs!!
What do you think?? Totally worth staring at a blank wall for a year!! Sometimes waiting for the perfect décor is so much more meaningful.... Especially when it is a reflection of me and my family....
Thanks for stopping by! I will be back tomorrow with my "Pinteresting" Tuesday feature!! Enjoy this fabulous day!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Lisa your mama was beautiful, I'm sure inside as well as out. Your filled up wall looks great but I am really dying for you to paint those cabinets. I did it - the cabinets were a beigey-pinky-white and now they are White Dove - it made such a difference. Your kitchen is beautiful as is but I remember you mentioning painting them before and I know you will love it!!!!!!! (If you don't have one yet, buy a sprayer. Wish I had mine when I did my cabs.)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!