January 9, 2013

Project Home 2013.....



Hi all.... I've been pretty busy trying my best to "un-clutter", but it's a much harder job than I had expected. It's kind of hard to get organized and put things in their place when, well, there's no place to put them! We moved into our home almost 5 years ago and there was no Pinterest back then so I really had not a clue what I was doing. I had kind of an idea of my home decor "style", but really didn't pay much attention detail to all the important aspects of decor. I was more focused on getting the walls up, the kitchen done and planning our wedding and then we came back from our honeymoon and I was pregnant.... So home decor was not priority #1!
Getting back to my "decor style". All I knew when we purchased our old home that it needed updating, and that I adored Pottery Barn and Ballard Designs and just started ordering the all the items I wanted rather than taking the time to figure out my style and order items that would actually work within my space. At that time I loved primitive country style. When I was growing up I loved my mom's best friend Nancy's house. It was all cozy, country and always smelt like a bakery.  It was a place that felt like home and growing up I always said to myself that when I grow up my home would be just like that....Not that my own home wasn't cozy it just wasn't country. My mom was more of a contemporary gal. Very creative, artistic and an excellent cook. Thank god I inherited all those fantastic traits from her, but I just loved the felling of how a country home felt.... I also grew up riding horses on my aunt & uncle's farm so that contributed to my love of the country as well....
All that being said I had no idea where to begin and just threw lots of neutral (looking at it now) ugly paint colors and made tons of impulse purchases and now I have this cute little home with bits and pieces of what I like...
Well now thanks to Pinterest, HGTV, 4 tag sales and searching many, many, many blogs I discovered exactly what I want my home to be and my true decor style. Before I get into that I want to share some before photos. We are in the process of doing a lot of home projects and updates. The first room on my list is my "Mom Cave". Well, it's more of an office/mudd room/sitting room.... You can see some of my ideas for this space here. But until then here is Project Home 2013 Room # 1 Before....


 
 
Here it is when it was Gracie's nursey

And here it is now... horrible I know...
 
This weekend we are painting and clearing out so more pics to come!
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace