July 25, 2012

Gracie's New "Big Sister" Room Inspiration


We recently turned our upstairs space into two new bedrooms; one for our new baby boy JJ and the other for our daughter and "big sister" Gracie. Gracie's old room was a color pallet of pink and brown and was filled with lots of "baby" items, so I wanted her new big sister room to be vibrant, updated, yet cozy and fun. So once again I went to trusty Pintrest for inspiration and ideas and here are the ideas that made my top five list.
This I found here. I love the pink and aqua blue and the wall gallery above the crib. I really want to replicate the wall, but Gracie's bedroom has very narrow walls so I will have to modify it some how.

This next room I found here. I love the window treatments. Now I just need to find someone to make them for me!
Now, I just adore the fabric in this picture. I couldn't find the exact print, but I did find some thing very similar on my other favorite site Etsy.
I plan on having a comforter made in this fabric

I also had pillows made like the one above with coordinating fabric like this
That's pretty much it. I'm still trying to find the perfect little mirror for her desk and a frame for the letter "G" to go over her bed..... Stay tuned!
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace